If you would like to speak with one of our engineers, please Submit a Question or give us a call at the phone number here. In North America, To route your phone support request directly to a technical support engineer, call toll free 1-888-382-1583 or 1-440-646-3434, select Option 3 (Technical Support), then select Option 5 (More Options). When prompted, enter the ThinManager Direct Dial Code 201.
ThinManager has an Override feature that allows Display Clients to be configured with different login or video setting than the terminal. It is configured in the Display Client Configuration Wizard.
This can be necessary when running several instances of an HMI on a terminal.
The Display Client List Wizard can be launched by either:
- Right clicking on the Display Client branch and choosing the Add Display Client command to create a new Display Client.
- Double clicking on the Display Client in the Display Client branch of the ThinManager tree to open an existing one.
Terminal Configuration Wizard – Display Client Selection
The Override button will allow any Display Client to be configured with different settings than the terminal. The Override button becomes active when two or more Display Clients are added to the Selected Display Client column.
Highlighting a selected Display Client and clicking the Override button will launch an Override Settings widow for the selected Display Client.
Override Settings Window
You can change Login Settings and/or Video Settings for the Display Client.
- Override - Login Settings– This needs checked to use this setting.
- Using this override with a blank username and password will force the user to manually login.
- Username – Field for the username of the Windows© user account you want to use.
- Password – Field for the password for the username.
- Verify Password – Field to confirm the password.
- Override - Domain– This needs checked to use this setting.
- Domain – Field for the domain of the user account.
AppLink Command Line:
- Override - AppLink Command Line – This needs checked to use this setting.
- Command Line Options – Command Line override to use for the Display Client.
- Override - Video Settings– This needs checked to use this setting.
- Resolution – Dropdown for the video resolution to use for the Display Client.
- Color Depth – Dropdown for the color depth to use for the Display Client.
Select OK to accept the changes or Cancel to close without changing.