If you would like to speak with one of our engineers, please Submit a Question or give us a call at the phone number here. In North America, To route your phone support request directly to a technical support engineer, call toll free 1-888-382-1583 or 1-440-646-3434, select Option 3 (Technical Support), then select Option 5 (More Options). When prompted, enter the ThinManager Direct Dial Code 201.
Biometric Fingerprint Readers
ThinManager supports certain fingerprint readers to identify a user for biometric security.
These are, as of January 1, 2021
- UareU models 4500, 5160 and 5300
- SecuGen model HU20
- Eikon Touch Fingerprint reader models 510 and 710
Fingerprint readers can be used within ThinManager to identify a user. The steps include
- Turn on the Fingerprint reading function in the ThinManager Server Configuration Wizard.
- Add the appropriate hardware to a ThinManager thin client.
- Enable Relevance User Services on the terminal.
- Add the Fingerprint Reader module to the terminal configuration. This is the DigitalPersona UareU Fingerprint Reader module or the SecuGen Fingerprint Reader module.
- The Relevance User user needs to have their fingers enroll in the Relevance User Configuration wizard.
Enable the Fingerprint function in the ThinManager Server Configuration Wizard
- Open the ThinManager Server Configuration wizard by double-clicking on the green ThinManager icon in the ThinManager Server branch of the ThinManager tree.
- Navigate to the Biometric Device Configuration page of the ThinManager Server Configuration wizard.
- Check the Support Finger Print Readers checkbox.
- You can choose the ANSI or ISO standard in the Fingerprint storage format drop-down.
- You can choose the False Match Probability to set the sensitivity of the read. 1/100 is less sensitive than 1/1,000,000.
Add the appropriate hardware to a ThinManager thin client
- ThinManager supports the fingerprint readers listed at the top.
- Insert the device into a USB port on a thin client terminal.
Enable Relevance User Services on the terminal
- Open the Terminal Configuration wizard for the terminal by double-clicking on it in the Terminals branch of the ThinManager tree.
- The Enable Relevance User Services checkbox needs to be selected on the Terminal Mode Selection for the terminal to work.
Add the appropriate Fingerprint Reader module to the terminal configuration
- Open the Terminal Configuration wizard for the terminal by double-clicking on the terminal in the Terminals branch of the ThinManager tree.
- Navigate to the Modules page of the Terminal Configuration wizard.
- Select Add to open the Attach Module to Terminal window.
- Select the DigitalPersona UareU Fingerprint Reader module and select OK to add the module.
- Highlight the DigitalPersona UareU Fingerprint Reader module in the Module Selection page and select the Configure button.
- Set the Data Format to match the ANSI or ISO selected in the ThinManager Server Configuration wizard.
There are three modes for the card reader
- TermSecure – This setting is used to identify a Relevance User.
- TermMon – This setting sends the fingerprint data to the TermMon ActiveX.
- TermMon Lookup – This setting allows the TermMon ActiveX to identify the user without logging them in.
There are other settings in the DigitalPersona UareU Fingerprint Reader module
- Show Status Messages – Setting this will show a brief message in the upper right corner of the terminal for each fingerprint reader event.
- Allow Manual Logon – If set to No then a user must use the fingerprint reader to logon. If set to Yes then you can use the fingerprint scanner or manually logon.
- Prompt for TermSecure Password – If set to Yes then the user will be required to enter a password in addition to the fingerprint scan. If set to No then the fingerprint scan is enough to allow a logon.
Register the user fingers in the Relevance User Configuration wizard.
- The fingerprints need to be registered to a user with a Relevance User account. If an account isn’t created then right click on Relevance Users in the Relevance User branch of the ThinManager tree and select Add User.
- Enter a User Name and Password on the Relevance User Information page of the Relevance User Configuration wizard.
- Select the Enroll Fingerprint button on the Card / Badge Information page to open the Enroll Fingerprint window.
- Select the Change button to select the terminal where the fingerprint will be registered.
- Set the desired finger in the .Select Finger to Enroll drop-down then select Start Enrollment.
- The enrollment process takes four scans of the finger. The status will display in the wizard and on the terminal monitor.
- When the first finger is enrolled it is a good idea to register several other fingers in case the user has a bandage one day.