To Reactivate the License:
- Log into the Account Management Website where you will manage the Master License at License Activation
- Select the Master License Number in question.
- Click the [Reactivate License] link.
- Populate all required fields and click Submit.
- You will find the Installation ID's in ThinManager by clicking Install>Licenses
- Download and install the license via Install > Licenses.
Note: The ThinManager Licensing system may utilize the MAC address as the basis for the Installation ID. If the MAC address changes, then the Installation ID changes, which would in turn require re-activation of the license. As an alternative, the Show All button can be clicked on the ThinManager Licensing window to display the MAC address-based Installation ID as well as an OS-based Installation ID. Either can be used when activating the Master License. We recommend the end user to select the one that is less likely to change.
Without Internet Access
If you do not have Internet access on the ThinManager Server is installed on, you can activate the license on a computer that has does have Internet access and then transfer the license file to the ThinManager Server.
You will need to write down the installation IDs from the ThinManager Server in order to have your license file generated. Once the license is generated from the Licensing Site, you may transfer it via whatever means is most convenient (USB drive, Network, etc).
Installing the Master License
After the Master License has been activated, you will be prompted with a download link to a TMLicense(master license number).lic file.
- Download this file and transfer it to the ThinManager Server.
- Install the License by going to Install > Licenses, then clicking the "Install License" button.
- Select the .lic file and press Open.
Post Licensing Best Practices
It is STRONGLY recommended that a backup of both the license and ThinManager Configuration be made and placed along with all of your other backups. This will prevent having to re-license the software (assuming that no hardware changes have been made) and setting up your Terminals again. To make a backup of the ThinManager Configuration, go to: Manage > Backup Configuration.