If you would like to speak with one of our engineers, please Submit a Question or give us a call at the phone number here. In North America, To route your phone support request directly to a technical support engineer, call toll free 1-888-382-1583 or 1-440-646-3434, select Option 3 (Technical Support), then select Option 5 (More Options). When prompted, enter the ThinManager Direct Dial Code 201.
Display Servers are devices that provide content that can be displayed on the client. Examples include the traditional terminal server and IP cameras.
The Terminal Server List Wizard allows configuration of Terminal Services Display Servers. The Camera Configuration Wizard allows configuration of Camera Display Servers.
The Terminal Server List Wizard can be launched by:
- Right clicking on the Display Servers Terminal Servers branch and choosing the Add Terminal Server command
- Right clicking on the Display Servers Terminal Servers branch and choosing the Edit Terminal Server command.
Terminal Server List Wizard
The Terminal Server List Wizard shows defined the terminal servers and allows you to add and edit them using the Add Server and Edit Server buttons.
The Find Servers-button will launch an Available Terminal Servers window that will automate the process by finding terminal servers on the network.
Available Terminal Servers Search
Available Terminal Server Window
Select the Find Servers-button to launch an Available Terminal Servers window. This will display any Microsoft terminal servers that are a member of the same domain or workgroup as ThinManager. Select the Find button to display the member servers.
Once the terminal servers are listed, highlight one and select the OK button to add it to the Terminal Server Configuration Wizard. This will launch the Introduction page of the Terminal Server Wizard.
Terminal Server Wizard Introduction Page
Terminal Server List Wizard Introduction page displays introductory information.
Terminal Server Name Page
The Terminal Server Name page defines the terminal server and allows the addition of an administrative user account for increased management.
- Terminal Server Name - Enter the computer name as found in the Microsoft© System Properties (NetBIOS name). The name will already be entered if the Find function on the Available Terminal Servers window was used.
- Terminal Server IP – Entered the IP address of the terminal server.
- Discover – The Discover button will automatically fill in the IP address for a terminal server listed in the Terminal Server Name field.
- Login Information – Enter a Windows user account with administrative rights for the terminal server if you wish to display data from the terminal server within ThinManager. This is required to populate the User, Sessions, and Process tabs of the details pane.
- Schedule – The Schedule button will launch the Event Schedule for the terminal server. This allows the scheduling of repeated functions like rebooting and disabling.
Note: It is highly recommended to enter an administrative account in the Login information fields. It increases the ability to manage sessions and is required for SmartSession
Terminal Server Capabilities Page
The Terminal Server Capabilities page has a setting that allows a terminal server to be used for SmartSession. It also defines what communication protocols, the default RDP and/or ICA , the server can use.
Data Gathering Page
The Data Gathering page sets the frequency that ThinManager polls the terminal servers for user, session, and process information. Faster rates will lead to quicker updates but will add more network traffic. Slowing down the rate will cause less traffic but will slow the update rate a little.
SmartSession Configuration Page
If the terminal server is used as a SmartSession server, the Next button will go to a SmartSession Configuration page. If this terminal server is not configured as a SmartSession server, the Next button will be grayed out and the Finish button will close the wizard.
ThinManager uses the CPU utilization, Memory utilization, and number of sessions on the terminal server to define the SmartSession terminal server’s available resources. ThinManager uses these resource values to rank the load of the SmartSession servers. ThinManager supplies this load data to the terminals to allow the terminals to connect to the terminal server with the lightest load and greatest available resources.
The SmartSession Configuration Page allows SmartSession data to be tweaked. ThinManager will scale the range between the Minimum field and Maximum field as 100%. Select Finish to save and close or Cancel to close without saving.