If you would like to speak with one of our engineers, please Submit a Question or give us a call at the phone number here. In North America, To route your phone support request directly to a technical support engineer, call toll free 1-888-382-1583 or 1-440-646-3434, select Option 3 (Technical Support), then select Option 5 (More Options). When prompted, enter the ThinManager Direct Dial Code 201.
PXE booting with new UEFI thin clients
Many new thin clients use the new Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) instead of the older Basic Input/Output System (BIOS). ThinManager 11 will handle the new hardware.
Using UEFI for PXE boot:
- The UEFI boot requires ThinManager 11 or later.
- The UEFI boot requires Firmware Package 8.1.10 or later.
- Port UDP-4011 needs to be opened on the ThinManager Server
- The thin client Boot options in the BIOS of the thin client need to be set to Boot from LAN or PXE Boot
- The Secure Boot needs turned off in the thin client BIOS.
Mixing PXE Boot with UEFI Boot
If you are using the Use standard DHCP server with Boot Options (PXE Disabled) then the Option 67 in the DHCP server requires different filenames. This requires configuration of the DHCP Server with different Vendor Classes to handle the different filenames. The options where ThinManager provides the PXE information do not require this extra configuration step.
See the attachment Configuring Windows DHCP for UEFI for details on setting up Vendor Classes for UEFI boot.