If you would like to speak with one of our engineers, please Submit a Question or give us a call at the phone number here. In North America, To route your phone support request directly to a technical support engineer, call toll free 1-888-382-1583 or 1-440-646-3434, select Option 3 (Technical Support), then select Option 5 (More Options). When prompted, enter the ThinManager Direct Dial Code 201.
Shadowing allows a user to view a terminal. It is available in two forms:
- Terminal Shadowing through ThinManager.
- Terminal-to-Terminal Shadowing through Terminal Shadow Application Groups.
- Terminal Shadowing through ThinManager allows an administrator to see what is displayed on a terminal’s screen.
- A terminal is shadowed by highlighting the terminal in the ThinManager tree and selecting the Shadow tab on the Details pane.
- To shadow a user must be either a member of the "ThinManager Administrators" Windows user group or a member of a Windows user groups that was granted permission to shadow on the ThinManager Security Groups page of the ThinManager Server Configuration Wizard.
- Shadow settings are configured on the Terminal Options page of the Terminal Configuration Wizard. The terminal can be set to block shadowing (NO), ask user permission first (ASK), warn the user first (WARN), or shadow immediately (YES)
- Interactive Shadow allows the administrator to control the shadowed session. This can be allowed/disallowed on the Terminal Options page of the Terminal Configuration Wizard. It can also be turned off/on by selecting RemoteView>Interactive Shadow on the ThinManager menu.
- WinTMC requires that the WinTMC Shadow Service be installed on the client PC. Once the PC has been connected to ThinManager the PC can be shadowed even if WinTMC is not running.
Terminal Shadow Application Groups
- Terminal-to-terminal shadowing through Terminal Shadow Application Groups allows any user on a terminal with the Terminal Shadow group to shadow a terminal that is in the Terminal Shadow group. See the Terminal to Terminal Shadowing Page.
- The terminal that is configured to use a Terminal Shadow Application Group needs to have a Terminal Shadow license available when it boots.